welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Monday, September 9, 2013

Tri-State Fair Entries

Hello everybody!  I am alive!  I've been really busy in the craft room. All my attention has been on getting my entries made for the fair. My first project is two shadow boxes hinged together to create an album. My second entry is a flower bouquet made from recycled items like coke cans and newspaper, and plastic forks. I love it!!  My last entry is a shadow box made for my friend Prissy. She was the person who introduced me into mixed media so it was only fitting that I created her shadow box using this technique. I also had some items from her home that burnt down which she didn't know about. So a lot of the ribbon, twine, buttons and spoon are from her old craft room. I think it came out amazing. I hope she loves it and I hope I can tell her it won a blue ribbon at the fair. Wish me luck!!  

No comments: