welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Go Big or Go Home

Well.....here it is!  The biggest piece I have ever created. It measures at 20"x 30". I love how it came out. I've been getting lots of positive feedback on this piece. I feel like I've actually created a piece of art for the first time. I'm totally addicted to mixed media!  I love the whole process of this concept. I love getting my hands dirty. A mentor wants told me the sign of a true crafter is when you are picking glue and paint off your hands hours later after you have left your craft studio. I considered this my practice piece but I've had several people suggest they may want it which really excites me. I think it's crazy that I'm finding myself in art supplies aisles of the craft stores, I'm so used to being in the scrapbooking section. Is there such a thing as a "paper artist"?  I like that concept!  Bringing together my original passion with my new obsession.  I can't wait to see where this takes me. Thanks for stopping by...come back soon. 

No comments: