welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Monday, August 29, 2011

Smeared Ink Weekly Challenge...Up In Flames

Smeared Ink host a weekly challenge with a set theme.  This weeks theme is "Up In Flames" for the week of August 29.  Projects must contain something with burned edges, singed, or scorched.  Here is my take on the challenge.

I used a stamp from the Faes stamp set from Smeared Ink.  I colored her with Copic markers and made her one hot mama!   She is on fire!..just like the mini letter dice say.  I then took some black and red tulle and singed the edges.  I had not done this technique in awhile and forgot how cool your flowers look with the burnt edges.  You have to be very careful doing this technique because the tulle melts very quickly.  I hope you enjoy this idea.  Please leave me a comment.  I appreciate the feed back. 

3 comments:

Laura B said...

This is awesome, Freddie! I love the flower with the singed edges, just gorgeous! I don't know if I'd be brave enough to do it, though.:)

Monique's art said...

great card freddie, love the tule flower

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Oh Freddie... I love that you singed your flower! Awesome job! Have a wonderful rest of the week!