welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Monday, May 7, 2012

Mother's Day Canvas


I'm so excited!  This is my first mixed media canvas piece.  I made this for my mom for Mother's Day.  I hope she really likes it.  The phrase "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life" by Abraham Lincoln.  I knew this phrase was perfect because my mom tells me daily she prays for me and my sister.  She has always wanted the best for us.  We couldn't ask for a better mother.  She has taught us so much.  I used ribbon trim and chipboard pieces from Maya Road.  My chipboard lady is from FabScraps.  I covered her in metal from Ten Seconds Studio and her skirt is made from old sewing patterns I found at the thrift store.  This was one fun project and I'm ready to do another one.  Thanks for stopping in and checking out my projects!

1 comment:

Sparkly Engineer said...

Freddie, I love the quote you used. It sounds perfect for your mother (mine too). Love your ladie and that skirt is to die for. I'm sure your mother is going to flip over this. Glad to see you posting again.