welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Birthday Garland

I was so excited when a friend contacted me and asked if I would make a birthday garland for her daughter's 1st birthday.  She said she had seen a few she liked on Etsy and wanted to see what I could come up with.  She sent me a few links and this is  what I created.  I took a chipboard album and sprayed with Maya mist from Maya Road.  I  then covered each piece in cardstock and using my Cricut I cut out these cute little ladybugs in various sizes.  I think what really made these ladybugs stand out is I covered them all in red German glass glitter.  I also took some jumbo bottle caps from Maya Road and backed with black crepe paper.  It all came together so well.  Carrie was so excited when she came to pick it up.  She said she liked it more than what she had seen online.  That made me very happy.  Until next time...Happy Birthday Caitlyn!!

No comments: