welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Friday, October 5, 2012

Mixed Media Tag

This is my first real attempt at mixed media. The idea was inspired by Christy Tomlinson and her tutorials on YouTube. She creates her pieces on canvas, but I didn't know if I was quite ready for that yet. I thought I better start small and work my way up. Lol! It was fun using so many different elements and really was very simple. The background was the funniest to create. I used scraps of card stock, and vintage music paper. I then applied twinkling H2O's, acrylic paint and stamps. I drew and cut out my little lady( I can't believe she came out pretty well) and dressed her up. Overall I'm very pleased with it and plan to practice on some more tags this weekend so watch out for more fun. If you get a chance check out Christy on YouTube, she makes it fun and really simple.

No comments: