welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

She Takes My Breathe Away



Hey everybody!!  This is the latest canvas piece. I absolutely love the way it came out. Mixed media is my obsession. I did go outside my box a little on this piece. First I cut this image from a magazine to use as a template for my piece. I create this pleated skirt which is a new technique for me, and I can't believe how real the dress looks. The biggest challenge was I actually drew my own hair!  I've been practicing and I think, I hope I'm improving. Lol!  This piece means a lot to mean since I did try so many new techniques. It so great when you see yourself progressing in your craft. I'm getting the title artist and that's still hard to hear sometimes, but also very heart warming. I'm getting some great feedback on this piece. Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!  Till next time. 

No comments: