welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pictures from my day of culture




Here are some pictures from my full Sunday of cultural events.  It was really fun to do something different.  First we went to the Laos New Year celebration.  The first pic is of our friends daughter who participated in the dancing.  She was so cute.  I asked her if she was tired of taking pictures and she said "yes, I haven't got to sit down."  The second picture shows everyone walking to Temple, and the third shows a picture of their outside altar.  The colors of everyone's outfits were so vibrant.  Everyone was so welcoming and the food was great.  We tried lots of new things.  The last picture is of my dad and his drumming group.  The library was debuting a new novel about Native Americans and they thought it would be great to have story telling and singing with this event.  My dad loves to sing and I'm glad he has found friends in our area that share his interest because I know he misses his family and singing with them back on our reservation.  We were wiped out by the time we came home but it also great to reflect back today on all the fun we had yesterday. I can't wait to do some sort of layouts with these pictures.

No comments: