welcom

welcom
My photo
I have started this blog to help me get my craft projects out for everyone to see. My crafts are my therapy. I find peace in creating special ideas for friends and family. This is a new adventure for me and I plan on enjoying the ride

Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring Break Album




I'm very excited about this project.  This is the first design project that was given to me from The Crafty Scrapper.  I visited the store and I was given my kit with my supplies.  This included a clear cylinder tube, cardstock and some embellishments.  I was told to see what I could do.  It took me several days but I finally came up with an idea.  I wanted to use the cylinder tube as the binding to an album.  I had some help from Prissy on what I could do with the inside of the tube.  I noticed the cardstock they provided had either a water or beach theme. I filled the cylinder with small shells and glittered, and copic colored some trinket pins. Of the new products I got to play with the funniest had to be the new Zipper Trim from Maya Road.  I love all the cool things you can do with it. My next issue was coming up with pictures to go with this album. I remembered that my friend Misty and her family has recently been to the beach for their Spring Break.  I contacted her and asked if I could use some of their pictures.  It also helped that they are a very attractive family.  She was so excited when I asked her which made me very happy.  This is the finally product.  This album is being delievered to the store by my friend Tammy.  I'm excited to see what they think of the album.  The Crafty Scrapper will be posting this to their blog so I can't wait for everyone to see it.  I did take it by Misty's to show her before I sent it on its way and she was very pleased.  Misty and her family are very special.  They have gone through a lot the last year.  So much that I don't know if I could have overcome what they have gone through.  I know it all had to do with their faith.  I look at this family in amazement.  At a time when I was doubting myself and my faith I had Misty and her family show me all I had to do was believe.  I sit here crying feeling bad for myself and for what they had to go through the last year and realize I have so much to be thankful for.  I am truely blessed.  Thank you Misty for showing me that through prayer and faith anything is possible.  You truely are one of the most beautiful person I know inside and out. Okay pull yourself together..LOL!  Wipe the tears and onto another project.  Amen!

No comments: